- The warbird experts at Aeroplane Heaven have spent countless hours developing this fast and agile aircraft that excelled in fighter, attack and high-altitude photo-reconnaissance roles.
- The aircraft is packed with detail, from the superb VC to the gun and camera bays and the 17 authentic liveries included in the package. The famous PR aircraft of Adrian Warburton and Antoine de St Exupery are included in this package!
Called the ‘Fork Tailed Devil’ in the Far East, the P38 Lightning was a sight to strike fear into an enemy’s heart. First flown in 1938, the design focus was on speed and agility and the type went on to perform in many theatres in WWII; it was used in fighter, attack and even high-altitude PR (Photo Reconnaissance) roles.
The warbird experts at Aeroplane Heaven have spent countless hours developing this iconic aircraft for use in Flight Simulator. With a superb user-friendly Virtual Cockpit, it was decided not to model the ‘traditional’ 2D instrument panel. The aircraft is packed with detail, from the gun and camera bays to the authentic 17 liveries included in the package.
Two famous PR aircraft are included in this package – the planes of Adrian Warburton and Antoine de St Exupery, both of which were lost in mysterious circumstances. Also featured is ‘Glacier Girl’, which force-landed on Greenland ice 60 years ago and has recently been recovered and restored to flying condition from under 260 feet of ice!
- Highly detailed and fully functional virtual cockpit.
- This aeroplane can be started and flown correctly by the numbers from a cold cockpit start.
- The cockpit features unique Liqui-Drive (TM) smooth gauges set in authentic housings.
- Many unique animations.
- Drop tanks can be jettisoned from the controls in the VC
- Highly detailed gun and camera bays.
- Removable gunsight for improved cockpit vision
- Working guns and cannon.
- All major and minor controls are operated by the mouse and virtually every lever, switch and wheel is reproduced.
- P38 F
- P38 J
- Glacier Girl
PDF manual – includes the aircraft specifications and flying hints and tips.
High quality sound set included.
Liveries and models
- Highly detailed artwork
- 17 authentic liveries included
- Paint Kit included to allow you to create your own liveries (PhotoShop or compatible software required).
P38F Lightning “Glacier Girl” as restored by the Lost Squadron Museum
P38F Standard fighter/bomber trim and textures
‘Bat out of Hell’ 94th Squadron Sardinia 1943
‘Beautiful Lass’ 9th Squadron, 49th Fighter Group
‘Tangerine’ Mediterranean theatre
P38F-4 Photo-reconnaissance machine
56th Squadron RAAF, ex “44” USAAF
‘Marge’ Top scoring ace Richard Bong’s aircraft
Joseph Myers’ ‘Journey’s End’
‘Curly Six’ typical ground strafer of the late war.
‘Porky II’ of the 80th Fighter Squadron
‘Lazy Lady’ flown by Lt. Glen C. Holder of the 36th FS, 8th FG, Pacific theatre
P38J – 15-LO Late model ‘J”’with dive recovery flaps
Typical machine based at Kingscliffe in 1944
Robert Anderson’s ‘Virginia Marie’ 5th AF Biak Island 1944
P38J-F5 Photo-reconnaissance includes Antoine de St Exupery’s machine
Standard Photo-reconnaissance scheme
Antoine de St. Exupery’s machine in which he disappeared in 1944
Machine flown by W/Cdr Adrian Warburton
|Supported OS:||Windows 8,Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows XP|
|Processor:||2GHz (3GHz for FSX)|
|RAM:||512Mb RAM (1Gb for FSX)|
|Hard Disk:||850 MB|
|Video Card:||128Mb 3D graphics card|
|Additional Requirements:||Requires FS2004 or Flight Simulator X (Acceleration/SP2 compatible).|